Saturday, October 10, 2009

Like They Were The Only Ones There

When you change your outlook to life, its amazing the kind of things you see. My husband works at a mall and most of the time he works until closing which leaves me sitting in the mall parking lot watching all the people while I wait on him to come out. Last night as I sat in the car waiting and the rain pouring down, there were about twenty people in front of the mall waiting for the bus, but there two that caught my eye. There was young man who looked to be about twenty years old and just by looking at him, in my mind I had already deducted that he was a thug or drug dealer just by the way he was dressed. Beside him was, obviously, his little brother who was mentally handicapped. I watched at they joined the group of people waiting for the bus and the little boy was growing increasingly agitated and restless having to stand still for so long. Noticing this the young man looked around and then gently tapped his little brothers arm and took off running. Noticing his brothers boredom he started an impromptu game of tag and they ran and played in the rain for at least fifteen minutes. No one laughed at them, no one whispered and pointed fingers, everyone smiled at the blessing they were seeing play out in front of them. I personally sat in my car with tears running down my face as I thanked God for showing me another lesson, the age old "Don't judge based on looks" Finally John came out and got in the car and we headed home and as we left I looked in the rear view mirror and they were still out there playing, like they were the only ones there.

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. I am crying!!!! What a touching story..u and your blog as really worked on my heart lately! I enjoy getting on here and reading what blessing from God you are going to speak of next! I love you and the WONDERFUL lady you have become!

    ReplyDelete